Recently we hosted a private Press Luncheon at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Cafe and Shop to ring in the new year with guests from our local press outlets. The afternoon included a chance for our guests to mix and mingle, meet the A Joy Wallace team and sample some of our gourmet menu items offered at the Vizcaya Cafe and Shop. Scroll through the images below to get a peek of the event!
|The event was designed with romantic seaside elements to create a Seaside Vizcaya feel.|
|You may be wondering what Joy Wallace is doing holding a Cinderella vinyl…allow us explain! Prior to opening the lunch buffet – Joy addressed the press, explaining how the A Joy Wallace concept came about. A Disney lover at heart, what better way to describe realizing her dreams, and finding Prince Charming, than Cinderella? Joy’s husband, Richard Wallace, is truly her “Prince” as she says, however her fairy tale wasn’t complete, she still wanted her “castle to entertain guests”. And so A Joy Wallace was born, dreams were realized, and 12 years ago, she was granted the opportunity to be the exclusive caterer for the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Cafe and Shop. This honor is not one that Joy takes lightly. Over the years she and our Corporate Executive Chef Elgin Woodman have been working to develop a menu that would fit it with the rich historic feel of Vizcaya.|
|Once Joy Wallace found her prince charming, she had no idea that she would be lucky enough to find two! Charlie Cinnamon has been working by our side for almost a year, and played a large role in putting together this event, and for that we thank you!|
|Guests had the opportunity to sample many of the items found on the Vizcaya Cafe and Shop menu, including Joy’s home recipe for Broccoli Salad. This side consists of fresh broccoli tossed with Roasted Peanuts, Dried Cranberries and a house dressing.|
|Petite Egg Salad in a Jar served with a mini fork and freshly toasted Italian Bread.|
|Our Forbidden Salad is tossed in a Passion Fruit Vinaigrette and mixed with Grilled Pineapples, Goat Cheese, Strawberries and Candied Pecans, then offered with Blackened Shrimp.|
|Two sandwich options were available to our guests, a classic Cuban Panini with Roasted Mojo Pork, Ham, Swiss Cheese, Pickles and Mustard, as well as the Cafe and Shop’s popular Sweet and Savory Grilled Cheese. This is not your ordinary grilled cheese sandwich! This grilled cheese is made on a Herb Focaccia bread with Spinach, Swiss Cheese, Grilled Onions and Fig Jam.|
|Corporate Executive Chef Elgin Woodman puts the final touches on the lunch buffet before the guests dig in. If any of these pictures made you hungry, head over to Vizcaya Museum and Gardens and check out the Cafe and Shop. Also, don’t forget that you can also enjoy scones and tea every Sunday at our Tea on the Terrace event at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens!|
The AJW team is proud to present MIAMI SLICED, a new teambuilding program we are offering for Summer 2013. International Caterers Association 2012 Chef of the Year, Executive Chef Elgin Woodman had an idea to stir up a little fun competition between the cast of characters at our office. One afternoon, 20 members of our team hosted our first competition. The cooking experience varied from home cooking experts to “seasoned microwave chefs”. Four teams, two hours and one secret ingredient led to one of the most memorable evenings we have ever had as a team! Now, we want to share that experience with you!
CONTACT US ONLINE TO BOOK NOW OR CALL US at (305) 252-0020.
- 8 – 20 guests, standard two hour cooking competition (plus tasting time and voting!)
- 20 – 40, we would recommend a five hour teambuilding day where we can accommodate any sales or operations training you would like to conduct with your team, using one of our onsite rooms. Please inquire for additional details.
- Participants: All participants must be 21 years of age or older. Culinary experience is not necessary!
- Location: Our commissary, 8501 SW 129th Terrace, Miami, FL 33156
- Pricing: Please inquire directly with us for pricing requests, as they will vary with group size. Transportation assistance for your group is also available.
- Basic Concept & Rules:
- Teams are randomly selected by the client/planner for the event.
- Our Executive Chef will outline the safety rules and provide a tour of the kitchen.
- Each team is given a different rack of mystery basket of ingredients they must use in their dish, including one secret ingredient all teams must use.
- Teams will prepare their dishes using all of their required ingredients, plus what they would like from our kitchen pantry. Joy Wallace staff will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Teams are given 1.5 hours to prep, cook and plate their dishes. They must then present their dishes to the group.
- All teams taste the prepared items and vote for the winner.
Merrick Manor, Coral Gables’ latest luxury condo building, celebrated the Grand Opening of it’s sales center with a fabulous outdoor party. The A Joy Wallace team was tasked to handle both catering and design for the event, and we are so excited to share the photos with you!
It was quite a makeover for what was a simple parking lot just 48 hours before! The hit of the evening was our Heirloom Caprese Carving Station with a hanging salt & pepper bar and a variety of olive oils and balsamic varieties for guests to choose from. The station was inspired by Cade Nagy (Catering by Design | Denver, CO) from his PURE Sensation party at the Catersource Conference & Trade Show last year! (note: shameless conference plug!)
Hors d’ Oeuvres & Dessert included Mini Smoked Fish Tacos, Oxtail Empanadas, Pork Belly with Mango & Jicama Slaw, Balsamic Strawberries and a Fried Tres Leches and much more.
Special thanks to Roy Llera for the photos!