The AJW team is proud to present MIAMI SLICED, a new teambuilding program we are offering for Summer 2013. International Caterers Association 2012 Chef of the Year, Executive Chef Elgin Woodman had an idea to stir up a little fun competition between the cast of characters at our office. One afternoon, 20 members of our team hosted our first competition. The cooking experience varied from home cooking experts to “seasoned microwave chefs”. Four teams, two hours and one secret ingredient led to one of the most memorable evenings we have ever had as a team! Now, we want to share that experience with you!
CONTACT US ONLINE TO BOOK NOW OR CALL US at (305) 252-0020.
- 8 – 20 guests, standard two hour cooking competition (plus tasting time and voting!)
- 20 – 40, we would recommend a five hour teambuilding day where we can accommodate any sales or operations training you would like to conduct with your team, using one of our onsite rooms. Please inquire for additional details.
- Participants: All participants must be 21 years of age or older. Culinary experience is not necessary!
- Location: Our commissary, 8501 SW 129th Terrace, Miami, FL 33156
- Pricing: Please inquire directly with us for pricing requests, as they will vary with group size. Transportation assistance for your group is also available.
- Basic Concept & Rules:
- Teams are randomly selected by the client/planner for the event.
- Our Executive Chef will outline the safety rules and provide a tour of the kitchen.
- Each team is given a different rack of mystery basket of ingredients they must use in their dish, including one secret ingredient all teams must use.
- Teams will prepare their dishes using all of their required ingredients, plus what they would like from our kitchen pantry. Joy Wallace staff will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Teams are given 1.5 hours to prep, cook and plate their dishes. They must then present their dishes to the group.
- All teams taste the prepared items and vote for the winner.