Arguably, the best part of Thanksgiving could be the leftovers - though whipping up a delicious leftovers recipe to outshine your mom's famous Sweet Potato casserole can be difficult. Lucky for you, Executive Chef Elgin Woodman put a delicious twist on a comfort food sandwich classic, The Montecristo, using traditional Thanksgiving dishes. The recipe is made for one, so the sharing is up to you!
Why Chef Elgin loves it: "Instead of using bread, using the stuffing (pressed into bread patties) makes the ultimate Turkey sandwich!"
Thanksgiving "Montecristo" Sandwich
Makes (1) Sandwich
- 1 Cup of your favorite stuffing (or click here for ours!)
- Chicken stock
- 3oz Sliced Turkey
- 2 Slices Gruyere
- 1 Egg
- 1tbs Milk
- 1tbs Oil
- 1oz Gravy
- Slice the turkey thin, reserve.
- Mix the egg with milk and season with salt and pepper, reserve.
- Bring the stuffing to room temp. Press the stuffing into a patty, and if needed, add stock until the mixture holds together. You will need to make (2) patties.
- Make a sandwich by using the patties as your bread and fill with the sliced turkey and cheese.
- Chill the sandwich to make it easier to handle.
- Heat the sauté pan with oil at medium heat.
- Take chilled sandwich, and batter with the egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook for (2) minutes on each side until golden and hot.
- Serve with your leftover Thanksgiving gravy!