With the arrival of the fall season, our Tea on the Terrace program opens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens! From October through Mother's Day, each Sunday our Vizcaya Cafe & Shop will host it's weekly tea party overlooking the beautiful Biscayne Bay. Enjoy our custom blend of Vizcaya black tea and a variety of light bites including freshly baked scones, clotted cream, gourmet spreads and artisan breads.
If all this tea-talk has you in the mood for a little party of your own, Executive Chef Elgin Woodman shares her recipe for Lemon & Lavender scones below!
Lemon & Lavender Scones
Yields (15) Scones
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbs of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 4 oz. of Butter
- ¾ cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Dry Lavender
- 2 tsp of Grated Lemon Zest
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Rub the dry ingredients with the lemon zest to extract the flavor.
- Cut cold butter into cubes, then cut the cubed butter into the dry mix with a pastry cutter until incorporated. The result should look like pea sized crumbles.
- Mix in heavy cream until moist. (Do not over mix the dough.)
- Scoop out even sized balls of dough then refrigerate for 1 hour
- Bake at 350 until light golden in color, 10-12 minutes.